Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kind of Pist About Sterotypes Today

It all started with a conversation about how devil worship was not a pagan religion because the devil is a Christian belief, not a pagan one. Well that lead into a conversation of why people are so afraid of Pagans. I am not sure what we have done to deserve the stereotype that we have been given, because other than some pist off teenagers, all of the pagans that I have interacted with have been wonderful.

That got me thinking about some other unfair stereotypes. For one this supposed "Radicalist Gay Agenda" Now after thinking about this for a while and the people who came up with this label I have decided that it is nothing but propaganda. Think about the meaning of the word Radicalist. Go ahead look it up if you need to. I won't tell. Now think about the gay people that you know and the politicians that you have seen. Who fits the definition more. Who the hell is going to be hurt if your gay neighbors get married!

Another one that came to mind is the idea that all feminists are man haters. First of all it does bother me when I see a completely qualified mechanic getting stuck behind the desk all day because she is a girl and it irritates the hell out of me that men still make more money than women for doing the same job. However, I do not hate me. In fact I find them quite appealing ;)

So I will stop ranting now although their is a lot more I want to say and I just can't find the right words. Just a few final words

Stereotypes start from Propaganda. They start to help one group gain power. And they always lead to social injustice. I am angry. You should be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment